Friday, May 10, 2013

A tribute to a very special military spouse.


My grandmother, with my lovely Aunt Patty and my beautiful Mom.

Every year the Friday before Mother's Day is celebrated (at least 
in military circles) as Military Spouse Appreciation Day.
While I certainly appreciate all Mil Spouses, and think you are all 
ninja rockstars for being both Mom and Dad to your kids when your
service member is deployed, today I'm taking a minute to introduce
you to my Grandmother.

My grandma was a military spouse for most of her life,
made the countless moves that come with military life,
made the sacrifices that we all have to face.
Yesterday, May 9, 2013 she was diagnosed with 
Acute Myeloid Leukemia.

This is the third, yes third different type of cancer she's had.  
It's been a pretty devastating 24 hours for our family
as you can well imagine.  We run the gamut of emotions
from why is this happening again, to how are we going
to do this again, to lets kick this cancer's butt too.

Momo, I want to tell you that I'm so lucky to 
be able to call you my grandmother--we all are.
We know you can pull through this just like you have 
the last two times.  We know you are a fighter.
Just remember when you're feeling bad and
the chemo has you down that you have so much
to live for- Your three daughter's, nine grandkids, 
and all your great grandkids.  We need you, so stay strong.

I love you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment